Last night we had a fun Technique class focusing on Washi Tape and so I thought I’d share one of the cards we made here today! I love vellum overlays and they paired up well with a couple Washi Tape techniques… what do you think?
This was also a great excuse for me to get out my Black Glimmer paper and play some more too. I love how the Black Glimmer paper looks with the thin word dies like this “Hello” from the Hello You thinlits. It is just so sparkly and pretty! I tried getting a better picture so you could get the idea.
The Hello and the black washi tape (from the Everyday Chic washi tape set) went on a piece of Vellum Cardstock that was glued onto the top of a Whisper White card base. I used Tear n Tape to hold down the vellum to make sure it didn’t fly off over time.
Then on the Whisper White card front, we created Washi Tape stickers! This is such a cool technique… I’ll have to put together a video, but for now, here is how you make them:
- Take two pieces of wax paper and overlap them about a 1/2”
- Start laying strips of washi tape down across the wax paper, keeping the overlap seam about in the middle of your strips
make sure your strips are wider than the image you want to punch or cut out
- After you have enough strips (it took 4 pieces of tape for my 2” circle punch), place the wax paper w/ washi over a piece of computer paper or we used a scrap of used Stampin’ Up Grid Paper and punch out all the layers at one time.
TIP – if you try to punch out your shape using just the wax paper with washi, you will tend to not get a complete cut. So, definitely use that extra scrap of thin paper!
- Apply your sticker like you would apply a band-aid. Peel off one of the pieces of wax paper… since you overlapped them in the middle, you will expose about half of the shape but still have a big piece of wax paper holding all the strips in place.
- Stick down the exposed washi tape where you want your image to go and then slowly peel off the remaining wax paper and smoothing down the sticker as you go. Seriously… just like a band-aid.
Add a few rhinestones to the front and you are done!
If you like the idea of making washi tape stickers, check out the Year-End Sale as there are a BUNCH of washi tape sets on sale for as little as $1.98 for 3 rolls! Gives you lots to work with, and if you have any oops while you are practicing… you know you got it at such a good deal that it doesn’t feel too bad!
Oh, and you saw how we wrapped the card with the Bermuda Bay baker’s twine? It is even on sale as part of the weekly deals!
Use Hostess Code BEFX37ZS at check out to get a special thank you from me!
NEW ITEMS ADDED – BIG Year-End Clearance Sale! See what is on sale here.
See all the tutorials & classes by mail here