This is why I love swapping cards or seeing what other people create – because I would never have thought up this card but when I saw it in person I just thought it was the coolest looking card.
The best part is that it is so simple to create – and that is why Liz rocks! Liz Mitchell is a fabulous gal on my Stampin’ Up! team who makes these cards that are easy to replicate but always look so thought out and cute. She tells me that she has a hard time coming up with card designs but I love how she finds an idea then changes it up to match her style and it turns out awesome, don’t you think?
For this card, she took the flourish image from the Elements of Style stamp set and instead of inking it up with a standard ink, she used liquid bleach!
To stamp with bleach:
- Fold up some paper towels at least 8 layers thick and put them in the bottom of a shallow container (if you are planning on switching over to the new wood mount cases, then the old clamshell stamp cases work great for this!)
- Pour enough liquid bleach into the container so the paper towels are saturated but there is not standing liquid
- Use the paper towels as your ink pad and tap your stamp directly onto the paper towels
- Stamp immediately onto your paper. This works best if you are stamping on dark paper.
- Repeat as much as you want!
- I would wipe off your stamp with a wet-with-water paper towel so that you don’t risk bleaching anything else by accident
I love her touches of pearls in the corner and faux stitching around her banner.
Thanks, Liz, for sharing your cute creation today!
Reminder, Win a Free Stamp Set of Your Choice!
Don’t forget about my special giveaway to kick off the countdown to the retirement of a ton of great products and the unveiling of a fabulous new catalog in June!
That is right! From now until 4/28, place an online order using Hostess Code EQ9PM3NX and for every $25 in product you order, you will get your name in a hat to win a free stamp set of your choice!
I’ll be tracking entries based using the hostess code, so make sure you enter EQ9PM3NX from your shopping cart in the online store or email me at email@example.com with your order to be entered! So, grab those last chance items and you may be getting a bonus stamp set to go along with it!
Stamps – Elements of Style, Vintage Verses (retired)
Paper – Whisper White, Basic Black, Elegant Eggplant
Ink – Elegant Eggplant ink & marker
Accessories – Basic Pearls
**Items on the Retiring Stamps & Accessories List