I’ve been sharing this card in my card classes this month and it just makes me so happy to see and everyone has loved it! So I had to make sure to get it posted so you could enjoy it too… especially before many of the items used in the card retire (or sell out) by the end of the month! It is a fun vintage card that was inspired by a card I received as a swap at a recent event. But of course, I had to change up the stamps and accessories to give it my own personal twist!
A Few Embellishments = A Great Vintage Look
Like I mentioned, a lot of the pieces of this card are retiring, but mix and match some of them and they end up looking super cute together! Here are the pieces that I threw together:
- Tea Lace Paper Doilies
- Sahara Sand 7/8″ (2.2 Cm) Lace Trim
- Blackberry Bliss 5/8″ Striped Cotton Ribbon
- Very Vintage Designer Buttons
- Wrap a piece of Sahara Sand lace trim over the seam between the embossed and non-embossed area of the cardstock.
- Fold over one of the doilies and adhere to the top of the card, overlapping the lace trim.
- Snip the ends of a piece of the Blackberry Bliss striped cotton ribbon and layer over the doily.
- Stamp the sentiment onto a piece of Whisper White scrap paper and layer over the ribbon.
- Finish off by stamping and punching out two of the flowers and layering with a button.
When it all comes together (and you put it all on a Basic Gray card base) you end up with a fun detailed card for that someone special!
Did you sign up for the Sunburst Sayings Class by Mail yet?
I have a couple kits left, so if you were thinking of signing up for the class by mail… don’t forget to head over to the class page and purchase your spot today!