Don’t Forget! Only 3 More Days of the 15% off ALL Stamps Sale!
Shop in my online store and you’ll automatically see the discount
Use hostess code FHRCKER7 to get a special thank you from me!
(excludes hostess stamps, bundles – because they already are discounted, and rotary stamps)
A lot of times when I’m working on creating a card for classes or just for my own fun, I start out by getting the mojo going by searching on Google Images or hoping around Pinterest or some of my friends blogs. Usually, I see a few cards that inspire me in different ways and I combine my favorite elements into a card that is something new. Like, maybe I love how the first card uses an embossing folder in the background, and I love the color scheme from a second card, and in a third card, I love how a set of punches are layered together. I’ll mix and match all of those elements into one card that makes me happy.
But then sometimes, I find a card that I love so much that I have to recreate it exactly how I see it. And today’s card share is one of those cases… or should I say CASEs. (see what I did there? some crafting humor ) I was inspired by the very talented Ilina Crouse and her original card here, to create this card to give out as thank you cards… now if only I can figure out what I did with my completed cards I would be very happy!
I think my favorite part of the card is the hint of glitter along the edge of the white sentiment layer! Here is what I did:
- Adhere a strip of the Into the Woods designer paper along the left edge of the card base
- Adhere a 1/4” strip of Gold Glimmer paper to the back of a 3 3/4”x5 1/2” piece of Whisper White cardstock so that only about 1/8” of the gold is showing.
- Mount the white and gold paper to the front of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Decorate the front of the white cardstock.
This gives just a touch of gold and adds some fun dimension that is subtle. One tip though, I did this on a card that had the crease at the top (so a 4 1/4” x 11” piece of base paper folded in half) but when I gave people this card, because of the dimension on the front, they wanted to open the card from the side. So I recommend using a standard card base with the crease on the left (so a 5 1/2” x 8 1/2” piece of paper folded in half)
For the front, I grabbed the super fun Acorny Thank You stamp set. Here are a few tips for the front of my card:
- Tangelo Twist and Early Espresso make a great fall color combination! That is what I used on my acorn.
- You can cut out your Thankful banner really easily using the Bitty Banners framelits!
- Cover the back of your acorn with SNAIL or other tape runner, and then create loops from the Gold Metallic Thread and press them into the back of your acorn so that the tape covering the back holds them in place.
- Add a few gold sequins from the Gold Sequin Trim for some extra glitz using glue dots
I just totally love this card and may have to make it in other colors and designs. Don’t you love it?
Yesterday was also the start of some new Weekly Deals too! A few fun and festive items are on sale…
And while you are there, don’t forget about the Big Stamp Sale too!
But use Hostess Code FHRCKER7 to get a special thank you from me!
Product Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog