Every year I have one item on the Stampin’ Up retiring list that I can’t believe is going away. This year, I can’t believe the Modern Label punch is retiring! Especially since it goes so awesomely with the Word Window punch! I guess that just means I have to enjoy it now (and hang on to mine and keep loving it after they stop making it too. )
Today I wanted to share another Bokeh card we did in my technique class. I think I’ve decided I love mixing in colored circles with my white circles when doing the Bokeh technique. What do you think?
Featured Retiring Products:
Get them before they are gone by the end of the month!
Tips for making this card:
- Start with a piece of vellum and some circle punches – I used the 1”, 1-1/4”, and 1-3/8” circles and punch out a template to use for layering.
- Randomly sponge the background with your favorite color combination
(this was Lost Lagoon, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, and Hello Honey)
- Use your circle template to layer colored and WHITE craft ink circles on top of your background. It looks best if you overlap your circles.
- Keep it interesting by adding a punched flower, but trim some of the edges so it fits to colored layer (kind of makes it look like it is behind a window or something, huh?)
- The Venetian Crochet trim is a nice, soft addition to cards without being too girly because of it’s thin size.
Get them before they are gone! The retiring accessory list is while supplies last and as you saw with the Blossom Punch, things are selling out. Make sure you have ordered your favorites and when you shop with me, you will be on the list to get a new catalog sent to you! Shop now
Project Supplies Used:
Yesterday, I was trying to finally unbury my craft table…again! I had everything piled up from the last two weeks, including all the odds & ends from my spare table that I used for prep work for my events that I took down over the weekend. I was sooooo excited to be down to just all my scrap cardstock that was sorted and just needed to be put away in my file folders, so I thought I’d get it all wrapped up.
What is it about a clean craft table that makes you want to get crafting again?!
As I was putting away scraps, I had this stamped strip of paper and the scrap strip of Gold Foil paper. I thought,” why not make a banner out of the gold paper and glue them together?” Then I grabbed the Vintage button I had colored for my Blendabilties class and stuck it on the end… grabbed some sequin trim scrap, some lace scrap, and cherry cobbler scrap… and things just started coming together! Gotta love it when that happens.
Tips for making this card:
- Take a regular ol’ white or vanilla button – like this Very Vintage Button – and color it with your Cherry Cobbler blendabilities! Use the PEN TIP to color so you don’t risk messing up your brush tip.
- Add a single sequin to the center with a glue dot for a complimentary bit of shine.
- Did you know, this sentiment is from the Happy Hour stamp set and is 25% off with the weekly deals this week! Love it!
- Want to add a bit of shine to a corner of a card? Staple a string of sequins for some not-too-overdone shine! I used my Stampin’ Up mini stapler to staple the strand into a twist first and then stapled that onto my card. (yes, I’m sure that made no sense, but if you just staple it to your card front, that works great too!)
So, don’t forget to use those scraps! You never know when they will come together just right.
Hostess Code: C2HYWWQM Use this Hostess Code and receive a free gift!
(Please do not use the Hostess Code if your order is $150 or more)
Card Supplies Used: