I can’t believe Father’s Day is coming up quick! This year I’m bound and determined to make a gift early… I’m not sure what the gift will be yet, but at least I have a card ready!
I aimed for the balance of fancy but not fussy, and I think it makes it there.
Tips for making this card:
- Mix and match the images from the Guy Greetings stamp set to make this for that special guy in your life.
- The stamp set not only says “Father” but you also get the choice of Grandpa, Dad, Uncle, Husband and Brother!
- Stamp the hats image multiple times to make a background for your card. To help blend in the fact that you are using the same stamp a bunch, stamp the first time and then offset the second stamped image – ie stamp so the last row of the hats in the first image are lined up under the middle row of hats in the second image.
- Spotlight them by using the Circles Framelits and cutting out a large circle from a 4”x4” piece of the Gold Foil paper – which is awesome stuff, btw!
- Stamp and cut out the “Worlds Greatest” and the car image to give extra POP on the card.
- Make it a little more polished by heat embossing the “World’s Greatest” and the “Father” sentiments.
- I also added a bit of the retired gold Watercolor Wonder washi tape and the used my Essentials piercing template to pierce a row of holes from the left edge to the “Father” sentiment. Sometimes the little details are just what it needs!
A few of the steps take a little bit of work, but for the awesome men in our lives, it is worth it, right?
Want more ideas with this set?
You can still get the instructions for the class by mail from last month and I have 1 kit left if you want an actual kit. Get the details here.
And here is a little something for you – new discounts with the Weekly Deals!
Paper Pumpkin Special – Ends Tomorrow!
And if you missed out on the Paper Pumpkin deal last month and wish you had tried it, there is a summer special available through TOMORROW
Sign up here with code SAVE50
Project Supplies Used: