So, as I was getting ready for Stamp Club last week, I decided to make this super adorable turkey I had seen online from my friend Darla Roberts. I was going to let everyone do the pumpkin I had made earlier as one of their projects, but wanted to show them a few different fun ideas with the Curvy Keepsake die.
No seriously… if you don’t have it yet…. you totally should get it! Because look at this guy –
Isn’t he the cutest?!?
Tips for creating this box:
- Use the Feather Framelit from the new holiday catalog to create a great fan of feathers for the tail. I used the small feathers for the “front” of the tail and the larger feathers for the “back” of the tail.
- When adhering the feathers for the back, I found it easiest to fan them out and glue them to a circle punch in the same color as the body (in this case, Chocolate Chip cardstock). I adhered a circle to the front and back of the fan to help hold everything in place.
- To make the face, use a small heart punch (like this one from the new Itty Bitty Accent Punch Pack) and cut the heart in half to make the wattle.
- For the eyes, I used the large circles from the Owl Punch along with candy dots for the black parts.
- I used the great fall color combination – Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight, Blackberry Bliss, and Chocolate Chip
I’ve been loving these boxes so much that I decided to have them as the focus of my class at the end of the month!
Too Cute Curvy Keepsake Boxes Class
If you would like to try out the fun boxes that you can make with this die, I have a few options for you!
IN PERSON – Join me on Sept 30th at 7pm at the Panera in Redmond where you will get to make 4 different boxes
(a stamped box, a penguin box, a light up box, and one more)
Cost is only $15 (only $10 if you have purchased the Curvy Keepsake Die from me!)
BONUS – bring a friend and both you and your friend will get the kit to make this Turkey box too!
KIT BY MAIL – Get all the pieces precut and mailed to you in a kit to make all 4 boxes we make in class plus instructions for all of the boxes and the Turkey box!
Cost is only $15+$3 shipping (only $10 if you have purchased the die from me!)
BONUS – have a friend sign up for the class too and I’ll include the Turkey kit for each of you!
INSTRUCTIONS ONLY – Get access to the instructions for all 5 boxes so you can use your dies and punches at home to make these cute projects.
Instructions will include all the dimensions, supplies used, and tips for making them as easy as possible!
Cost is only $4.95 (that is only $1/box!)
Note – I don’t have the instructions quite ready yet because I’m finalizing the final project designs for the class. But you will have the instructions no later than the 27th when I will be mailing out the kits for the classes by mail.
I mean, because…. seriously, how much fun does this look to make?
Hostess Code: C2HYWWQM Use this Hostess Code and receive a free gift! (Please do not use the Hostess Code if your order is $150 or more)
Supplies you will need for this project: