Have you experienced the coolness of the Natural Composition Speciality Paper? Once again, I have another project that I can’t believe I haven’t shared yet and my favorite part of it is how the Natural Composition paper makes it look!
I created this card for a class last month and was playing with a few of my favorite things:
- Core’dinations cardstock – I used the Pool Party core’dintations cardstock and ran it through my BigShot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. Then I sanded off the top of the dots to help them pop a little bit more.
- Petite Petals stamps & punch – I have to admit I’m totally falling in love with these little flowers! And the fact that they are so easy to punch out is just awesome!
- Gold Baker’s Twine – Turns out it just always is the perfect touch of subtle sparkle on your projects. It took me months to start using it but now I LOVE using it!
- Perfect Pennants stamp set – the sentiment is my favorite sentiment from the Occasions catalog!
- and finally – Natural Composition Paper!
The Natural Composition Specialty designer paper does not look very special in the main catalog and in fact, just about everyone I have in class that uses it tells me that they didn’t think it looked interesting in the catalog but they love it once they try it. Because you can do things like this:
So, the thing it it is a stiffer cardstock that looks a bit like cardboard or a stiff kraft cardstock. But then on one side of the paper there is a clear embossed pattern. So you can do cool stuff like sponging or coloring!
In this case, we colored over the flower images with a Real Red marker and after it starts soaking in a little bit to the paper, it will wipe off the embossed image and you get a really cool defined image. Don’t you think?’
You can do this with any color or ink (if you want to sponge it) and it is pretty fool proof. You can’t really mess it up. Got to love that!
April Online Stamp Club Hostess Code – G4VQJ7VB
Use this code to get free exclusive tutorials & project kit! Learn more
Stampin’ Up! Supplies Used
Stamps – Perfect Pennants, Petite Petals
Ink – Markers (Real Red, Basic Black), Real Red
Paper –Pool Party cord’inations cardstock, Whisper White, Basic Black, Naturals Composition specialty designer paper
Accessories – Big Shot, Pennants Framelits, Petite Petals punch, Gold Baker’s twine, Candy Dots (Subtles), Perfect Polka dots embossing folder, sanding block