So, since folks were pretty positive about my masked Summer Starfruit card in my last blog post, I thought I would share another fun card using masking. I got this at convention last summer and thought it was just the prettiest!
card created by Candee Smith
I love how she used the fact that you get 6 different sizes of the framelits to create a perfect mask for her stamped image. If I were to do this (and you know I will be doing it! ), here is what I would do:
- Pick your smaller (inner) size framelit and cut it out from a card front sized piece of scrap paper. So, roughly 4.25” x 5.5”.
- Set aside the cut out piece…won’t need it for this project.
- Grab the piece of paper with the label hole cut out of it and lay it over a piece of paper for stamping on. Tack it down some how, like with tape or a post-it note.
- Sponge all along the edges of the hole so you get the border on your stamping paper.
- Stamp your design if desired overlapping the edge of the scrap paper hole.
- Remove the scrap paper mask. Cut out your stamped image using the next size bigger framelit.
- Woo hoo! You are done!
Ok, now I’m totally inspired now. And I still need to get some swaps done for Leadership this week, so I think I’m going to take this idea and go play today! Hope you got some inspiration too!
Need a Spring Catalog or Sale-a-Bration flyer?
shoot me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact info and I’ll make sure one will be making its way to your mailbox shortly!
Are you earning your Northwest Stamper Rewards?
Every order gets you closer to your FREE stamp set!Click here to learn more!