Whew! We made it to Friday! Some weeks blow by and others I am just grateful it is almost the weekend. I’m not sure which it is for you, but even though I’m a mom of small children and so weekends don’t mean quite the same thing they did a few years ago…I look forward to not HAVING to be anywhere in the morning and so we have a little more flex in our day which is nice. This week is also a time of transition for Stampin’ Up demonstrator as Stampin’ Up announced at the beginning of the year that they were making significant changes to the business structure for demonstrators (like what our titles are, criteria for how much we are paid, what incentives are offered) and that all kicked off this week as they changed to a new fiscal year starting in October. Lots of good changes, but lots of brain power required to shift from the old system to the new system.
So, today I am thankful.
– Thankful that I am able to stay home with my kids – even when it is stressful.
– Thankful that I am able to create cute projects and share them with my friends and customers – even when I realize that I wasn’t paying close enough to the calendar and the class I thought was a week away was only a couple days away and I wasn’t ready! (Thank goodness for pinterest to get the mojo going on short notice!)
– Thankful that I have amazing men and women who share this experience with me as members of my amazing Fun n’ Crafty Stampers demonstrator group and as the sweetest customers I know!
So, the card I have to share with you today is another of my beloved Acorny Thank You cards… all about being Thankful.
A couple punches, some patterned paper, and a deep breath to relax and enjoy the creative process and you get this lovely card.
Tips for making this card:
- Create your center piece of the card using your favorite designer papers and colors. In this case, I used the Into the Woods designer paper for both the yellow square AND that leafy acorny circle.
- Yep, that is right, that leafy spray behind the acorn is as easy as grabbing your 2-1/2” Circle Punch and punching out one of the clusters from this great paper from the Into the Woods paper pack.
- The yellow pattern is a 3”x3” piece (makes for extra efficient use of your 12”x12” pieces of paper!) layered onto a 3-1/8” x 3-1/8” piece of Rich Razzleberry cardstock.
- Run some linen thread around and tie a bow before layering down your 2-1/2” circle.
- Stamp your acorn base in Early Espresso and the acorn top in Rich Razzleberry and they are super easy to punch out with the Acorn punch! (Get the punch with the stamp set in a bundle and save 15% off both!)
- Did you know? You can cut out the sentiments from this stamp set using the Bitty Banners Framelits? It’s true! That is what I used to cut out this Thankful sentiment and it layers over the top perfectly.
- Finally, for the last touch, I had to get into my Corrugated Cardstock! This awesome paper is totally lost in the Stampin’ Up Annual catalog but once you start playing with it, you will love it. It is an easy way to add texture without the need of any tools! Plus it is bumpy on one side and flat on the other so it glues down like a dream.
Just add a few dimensionals to pop everything up and you have a great card that looks so much cooler than those grocery store cards!
Flurry of Wishes Card Class Instructions are going out today!
If you purchased my Flurry of Wishes Holiday Card class by mail or just the pdf instruction sheets, I wanted to let you know that the instructions are being emailed out this afternoon! One more round of kit supplies are being ordered this afternoon, so the kits themselves will start shipping out mid next week.
Haven’t ordered your copy yet? You can! Just click here –> Flurry of Wishes Class by Mail to sign up!
Project Supplies Used:
use Hostess Code FHRCKER7 to get a special thank you from me!
One response to “Feeling Thankful on a Friday with Acorny Thank You”
Really nice! I love how you used the DSP behind the acorn! So clever!