I hope you take a chance to hop through our projects today because these new In Colors are ones that have some surprisingly great colors in the set! For example, while my far and away favorite new in color is the Berry Burst… I first saw Lemon Lime Twist and thought,”Ack! How can anyone do anything with this neon yellow/green color?”
Oh, silly me!
I soon saw people pairing it with black and white… seriously an amazing combination. Along with using it in other accent color combinations and now I have to say I think it is my second favorite color in the bunch! So, lets check out these colors:
I was inspired by a card by Jenn Tinline and wanted to show off all the new In Colors in one go… and they were a perfect compliment to the pens stamp in the Crafting Forever stamp set! I used my In Color Markers to color in the pens (you just have to stamp it twice, but I tried stamping it using no special tools and it lined up really easily!) Then I used the pens again to color directly on the rubber for the sentiment. A little Berry Burst for the “creative” and Fresh Fig for everything else.Fun tip for this card front. I wanted my sentiment to look like a tag, but didn’t want to have to do a lot of work to get that look. So I did it the cheater way!
- Stamp your sentiment onto scrap paper and then punch out with a circle punch.
- Run a piece of baker’s twine around your cardstock that you want the tag to “hang” from. Make sure to only tape down the ENDS of the baker’s twine behind the cardstock.
- Adhere your circle to the card so that the top of the circle is just underneath your baker’s twine.
- Take a second piece of baker’s twine and tie a bow onto the first piece of baker’s twine. Then position the bow so it looks like it is in the top of the “tag”
- Easy peasy done!
Make this project at home! Here is what you’ll need:
Check out more great ideas on the Fun n’ Crafty Blog Hop!
So this was my idea using the New In Colors! I showed you how fun they can be all together in one project, but keep checking out the projects on the hop and you’ll see more color combinations and fun ideas using different colors. 🙂 So, keep the inspiration going by checking out Christine’s projects next!
- Christine Szekeres–Artful Musings
- Pamela Wu –Stinky Tofu
- Kathy Thisted–Stampablog
- Merit Brown–MB Squared Designs
- Susan Schultz –Stampin’ by the SF Bay
- Jennifer Blomquist –Northwest Stamper <– YOU ARE HERE
In the Bellevue area? Join me for my Annual Craft Garage Sale!
I’ve been doing some deep purging of both my house in general and my crafting space. And just in time for this weekend’s Annual Craft Garage Sale! This is my big sale where I bring together multiple sellers and many of my retired Stampin’ Up stamps/paper/tools out at a discount for you. This year we have about a dozen people putting their crafting goodies in the sale so it should be a great sale!
Friday June 23rd & Saturday June 24th from 9am-3pm at my house in Bellevue, WA. Get all the details HERE