So yesterday I shared a Christmas card with Lovely as a Tree, so today I thought I’d share another idea with the same stamp set only NOT Christmas! It uses another fun techinique – Faux Torn Edges – that I love for my clean and simple cards. It is also great if you are doing a challenge for a single layer card too!
How to do Faux Torn Edges:
- Rip a piece of paper, preferably something thin like copy or printer paper, so you have the torn edge pattern you like.
- Place the torn edge across your cardstock and hold in place with washi tape or post-it notes.
TIP – you may want to secure your cardstock in place as well using washi or post-it notes.
- Using a yellow Stamping Sponge, tap the sponge into the ink color of choice and then starting on the copy paper, gently swirl the sponge in a circular pattern onto the the cardstock.
- Try to always go away from the torn edge (so from copy paper to cardstock) and not the other way around so you get a crisp edge. Sponging towards the the copy paper edge can sometimes catch the copy paper and bend, rip, or get ink under the paper where you don’t want it.
- If desired, stamp an image over the masked area so that the stamped image is on top of the sponged color and will stop at the torn edge.
- Remove the torn paper and finish the card with any additional stamping you may want to do!
It is a really easy technique but can produce really WOW cards! Here I just kept it simple with a little piece of burlap in the upper corner and on of the Halloween Nights Enamel dots. See, Halloween stuff doens’t have to be just halloween!
Easy, peasy, done!
PS – Heads up about the Year End Clearance Sale!
So, I didn’t know this sale was coming until yesterday when Stampin’ Up shared that it was coming with demonstrators. I don’t know what will be in the sale but I do know this:
- Items will be up to 60% off
- There will be updated Clearance Rack items, some discounted Annual catalog items, and the full list of Holiday catalog items that are going to be discontinued with many of them being discounted too!
- You CAN add any of these items to a starter kit (so it is a great time to join because you’ll also be able to sneak peek the Spring catalog and preorder in December too!)
If you bought something in the Online Extravaganza sale last week, DON’T WORRY! They told us that anything from the Online Extravaganza sale that was retiring in December and so may be on the retiring list set of sale items, they would not be more discounted in December (and may not even be discounted as much). So you will know you got the best deal possible on those items. 🙂
If you want to be one of the first to know what is in the sale, you can check back in my Online Store a little after midnight MST tonight.
Have the list delivered to your inbox! Make sure you are on my mailing list and I’ll be sending out the list to everyone there once I get it!
UPDATED November Hostess code – FUYTBWNK
- Very Vanilla cardstock – 4 1/4″ x 11″
- Burlap Ribbon – 3″
Project Supply List