I’m back with another Bokeh card for you. I’ll keep it quick since I shared how to do the Bokeh technique with you a couple times already. But I do love how this card came together.
This card was a CASE of a card by Monica Davis that I loved and had to play with for my Bokeh technique class.
Tips for making this card:
- Rely on bundles to make the supply needs for a card quick and easy to pull together!
- I stuck with just using the Butterfly Basics Bundle (the Butterfly Basics stamp set and the Butterfly Thinlits) and then a few purples for my inks. Seriously, you cannot go wrong with this stamp set! It is one of those, “any way you layer it” and “any combinations of stamps” they always seem to come out looking great!
- I also had fun expirimenting with stamping first before you do the white circles (like with the Rich Razzleberry leaf) and stamping after you do the white circles (like the Memento Black Sending Wishes Your Way sentiment). Pick if you want it soft (under) or strong (over) and go from there.
- Sometimes plain white paper is exactly what you need! With the darker colors of the background, the Whisper White butterfly needs no embellishment to stand out just enough!
- Layer a piece of Vellum just to add a subtle contrast under your butterfly without being distracting.
- In this card I just used my 2-Way glue pen to only adhere the butterfly in the center so the wings pop up and float free. Similarly I only adhered my vellum to the card underneath the center of the butterfly. I know it means the vellum doesn’t sit quite flat at the ends, but it looked nicer than seeing the adhesive show through on the ends of the paper!
- Want a reminder for how to do the Bokeh Technique, you can check it out
If you want a reminder how to do the Bokeh Technique, you can check out my first Bokeh blog post or watch my Walkthrough Wednesday card with Watercolor Wash and Bokeh technique video!
Did you sign up for the Sprinkles of Life class by mail yet?
I realized that when I sent out my email about this class to my newsletter list (along with my June Customer Coupon – missed it? Get on my mailing list here) that the link to sign up wasn’t working. Oops! So if you wanted to get a kit for this class, I’m ordering supplies for everyone who signed up so far TONIGHT and would love to get some sent your way too.
Project Supplies Used: