Woo hoo! It’s day 2 of my celebration and I have another card to share with you today. This is a card that I made for my Fun n’ Crafty demo team swap. Each month, everyone in my downline is invited to participate in a card swap… sort of like a secret santa – only for cards. You are given one or more names to send a card to. You know you will get a card for each one you send, but you don’t know from whom or when in the month it will arrive. It’s pretty fun!
Anyway, while I was working on samples for my Vellum class, I was inspired to try out heat embossing on the vellum and then coloring in between the embossed lines with some bold marker colors. Check it out:
I reached for a bunch of supplies that I love but don’t use nearly enough (lets hear it for vellum, candy dots, and core’dinations cardstock!) and started mixing and matching using a simple card design.
I made a couple in this AWESOME Cherry Cobbler colors and then one in the Island Indigo color.
To make this card, it is simple to do.
- Stamp your image on Vellum cardstock using Versamark ink
- Cover with White embossing powder and heat
- Color in between the raised embossed lines using a marker
- Glue Vellum to the front of your card or designer paper mat using candy dots (if you paper starts curling, you may need to secure the corners with glue dots and then cover with the candy dots)
Oh, and that core’dintations cardstock? It makes a great textured background and if you grab your handy dandy sanding block, it distresses beautifully and gives it a velvety feel. (seriously, sand some of this paper and feel it!)
Card Supplies Used
Stamps – Simply Sketched
Ink – Versamark, Chocolate Chip
Papers – Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler or Island Indigo core’dinations cardstock, Vellum cardstock, Soho Subway designer paper
Accessories – Cherry Cobbler or Island Indigo marker, Garden Green marker, White embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Sanding Block, Neutrals Candy Dots
And we can’t forget! It’s Day 2 of Birthday Celebrations!
So, today’s presents for the giveaway are a cool combo goodies to make a project like this yourself. If you haven’t already checked out the CUTE punch art birthday penguins I posted yesterday and entered yesterday’s giveaway, you should! Then come back and get in on today’s prizes.
Northwest Stamper Birthday Weekend Giveaway – Day 2
Each day I’ll post a new giveaway and you’ll be able to enter up 3 ways (and yes! you can get multiple entries each day!) each day and I’ll draw names on Sunday.
Enter to win today’s giveaway by any combination of the following:
- Leave a comment on this blog post sharing what was the last type of card you’ve made.
- Visit my facebook page and leave a comment today’s card post sharing what is your favorite crafting accessory?
While you are there, don’t forget to make sure you’ve liked my page and are getting notifications to ensure you catch all the fun!
- Place an order online or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org and get 2 extra entries