I was working on finishing out the last card for Stamp Club tonight and I wanted to do something Valentines-y. So I was looking at my new stamps and just HAD to pull out my Just Sayin’ word bubbles stamp set and put something together. This is what I came up with for the first sample:
Now, I know not everyone needs a Valentine’s Day card at this point, so I wanted to give them some options for what they made (plus I didn’t have enough of the patterned paper for everyone to make this exact card) so I created a second variation of the card that could be used any time:
So, basically the exact same idea from the first card only with a few minor changes:
- Swap the pattern of paper out from the red waves to the colored stripes (though both patterns are part of the Fresh Prints designer paper stack)
- Swap the Full Heart punch for the Pansy Punch
- Change out the saying from the Just Sayin’ stamp set
But did you notice the coolest part?
Check out the background for the card base! NO it isn’t a rubber stamp! Can you guess how I made it? 🙂
Yup! An embossing folder!!
I took my Decorative Dots embossing folder (free with a $50 order) and inked it up with my crumb cake ink and then “stamped” it onto my card base. Burnish with your bone folder and you have a fun new background stamp!
Makes you look at your embossing folders a little differently, huh?
Join me in my Virtual Stamp Club!
As i mentioned earlier, I created these cards for my stamp club gals. I love my local stamp club, but know I have some friends and customers who aren’t able to join me in person each month because of distance or time. So, I wanted come up with a way to share the fun with them as well.
And so… I am starting a Virtual Stamp Club! Its easy to join and you can do it from anywhere in the US!
How does it work?
- Place an order in my Online Store that is at least $25 by the 25th of the month.
- Make sure you use the Virtual Club hostess code when you check out (I’ll post the code each month at the bottom of my blog posts)
- Within 48hrs, I will send you the password for an exclusive club page with links for PDF tutorials for the 2-3 projects we are making in Stamp club that month with full supply lists for all of the projects.
- If your order is $40 or more, then I will mail you a free class kit packet for the club projects so you can make them at home! Class kits will start going out by the 2nd Thursday of the month.
- PLUS – every time you spend $40 you also are getting a punch towards a free stamp set with my Northwest Stamper Rewards program!
There is no commitment and you can participate one month and skip the next!
And if you’ve been in the club at any time in the prior 4 months when a new catalog comes out, you will be sure to get one in the mail from me for free!
If you have questions, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to go? Shop online and use the hostess code BNDDMDVU