**LAST DAY! Don’t miss out on the Stock Up & Save Sale!**
I’m so excited to share these cards with you today. Not only because I love them, but also because I actually have a Quick Tip video tutorial to go with them! Turns out I really enjoy putting videos together… who knew? Anyway, let me share with you a fun card that you can reproduce with these punches or your favorites at home.
There are two main “fun” elements to this card – the washi tape strips and the layering of punches for the butterfly centerpiece.
First, here is how you would create the butterfly centerpiece:
- Punch out a butterfly (this is the Elegant Butterfly punch) from a piece of scrap Whisper White cardstock
- Set aside the punched out butterfly and grab the scrap paper with the butterfly hole in it. Punch out a 2-1/2” circle using the 2-1/2” Circle punch so that the butterfly hole is in the middle of the circle.
- Sponge the edge of the circle with Coastal Cabana ink
- Punch out a 1-3/4” circle from a piece of Soft Suede scrap paper
- Set aside the punched out circle and grab the scrap paper with the circle hole in it. Punch out a 2-3/8” scallop circle using the 2-3/8” scallop circle punch so that the 1-3/4” circle is centered in the middle of the scallop circle.
- Adhere the scallop circle to the front of the 2-1/2” sponged circle
- Adhere to the front of your card using Stampin’ Dimensionals
The other tip I have for you today is laying down your washi tape! For my cards I used the sets from Stampin’ Up (Retro Fresh above, Beach House below). You just lie three strips across your card front so that you can position your butterfly over the tape for a pop of color.
Video Tutorial – Check out this video for a quick tip for how to make sure you Washi Tape goes on straight. (note – if you are reading this in email, click here so you can view the video)
Now, as you saw in the video you can use different colors of paper and washi tape to give slightly different looks to your card. Here is what the exact same design looked like only with Strawberry Slush cardstock and the Beach House washi tape:
Let me know what you think about the video! Please leave a comment and let me know if you’d like me to do more and even better, if you prefer quick tip videos, walkthrough for projects, or product reviews! I so appreciate the feedback!
Hostess Code: C2HYWWQM Use this Hostess Code and receive a free gift!
(Please do not use the Hostess Code if your order is $150 or more)
Card Supplies Used