Today I wanted to share another card from my Stamp & Share event which shows off a fun other color palette –
I used them with the new Frosted Medallions stamp set to create a pretty card that can be used for the winter holidays.
Most of this card is pretty straightforward, but the one piece that you may not recognize is the pinky/purple patterned strip on the left side of the card. That is actually the Fancy Frost specialty paper from the holiday catalog. Now, if you are like me, I thought when it said the paper was embossed that it was a glossy embossing for emboss resist projects. But NOPE! It is dry embossed in 6 different patterns, so the pattern is raised up from the paper. So you can either leave it as is, or you can do like I did and color it in with a sponge or sponge brayer. It tends to color all of the paper, but the raised pattern comes out darker than the rest of the paper. Fun, huh?!
I mixed in some of the super popular new glitter ribbon (you get Silver and Sweet Sugarplum in the pack) to peak out from underneath my sentiment. And then just a few of the new Fancy Frost sequins attached with some glue dots for just a touch of glitz.
Then, let the large snowflake from the stamp set as your centerpiece and when you use a light ink like the Soft Sky, you can layer your sentiment right over the top!
Don’t forget to order your Holiday Catalog Product Samplers!
I started offering my Holiday Catalog product samplers last week and thank you to everyone who already let me know you were in! As I got the set of supplies in for the first orders, I decided to put together a video to share what all the products are that you’ll find in the product samplers, plus extra project ideas at the end where I share some of the holiday catalog stamp sets and cards and projects that you can make with them!
- Soft Sky cardstock – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Fancy Frost designer paper – 1 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Whisper White cardstock – 3″ x 3″
- Glimmer ribbon – 5 1/2″
- Pretty Project Accents with Stacked Die Cuts - March 7, 2018
- Congratulations or Birthday Card – You Decide! - January 17, 2018
- 2018 Stampin’ Up Occasion Catalog Product Samplers! - January 9, 2018
- So Much Crafting Cuteness for the New Year! - January 4, 2018
- Meet the Stampin’ Up Stamparatus! - November 16, 2017
- Limited Time Promotions are on NOW! - October 9, 2017
- Quick and Easy Halloween Treat Bags – Fun n’ Crafty Blog Hop - September 28, 2017
- All About Carols of Christmas – a blog hop - July 30, 2017