I had to play with a few of my favorite sparkle and shine papers and loved pulling out this this classic stamp set that looks so great cut out with the coordinating die.
Oh, but before I get to far into talking about this card… I wanted to make sure you saw that the BIG Year-End sale started yesterday!
There are a ton of awesome deals… including Holiday Catalog items NOW DISCOUNTED! Everything is while supplies last, so check it out and score some great deals for you and a friend!
>>> See what’s on Sale <<<
Tips for making this card:
- Festive Wreaths made easy! Pull out that Wondrous Wreath stamp set and the matching wreath framelits (still available in a discounted bundle when you buy both together!) and have fun making cute and easy wreaths! Once you’ve stamped your wreath, you can cut it out by using the inside & the outside of the wreath dies at the same time!
- Stamping the Wreath is as easy as 1-2-3
1. Start with your lightest color (in this case, Old Olive) and stamp the full wreath image.
2. Then add in your darker leaves by stamping the sparse leaves stamp with Mossy Meadow. You should be able to line up your leaves by lining up the “handles” of photopolymer that are on stamps 1 & 2. The leaves should overlap exactly.
3. Finally add in your berries, stamped with Real Red. The leaves should line up but the berries have no right or wrong placement, just wherever you like!
Mix and match your colors to make fall, spring, Valentine’s, or Christmas wreaths. Good anytime of the year!
- Black Glimmer Paper = Anytime Sparkle! I think a lot of people missed the Black Glimmer paper because it was placed in the Halloween section of the Holiday Catalog. But it is amazing stuff and perfect for any time you need an elegant card. Like here we used it for our Noel greeting! Just the right touch!
PS – It is on sale for only $3.50 a pack in the Year-End Sale while supplies last
- Wide Ribbons make great backgrounds – I love this Very Vanilla Subtle Striped Ribbon (also on sale in the year-end sale) and it’s wider size makes it perfect to be soft, shiny background elements for my cards. Like here where it goes behind the Home for Christmas holiday designer paper…. which btw – don’t you just love those musical notes pattern?!
- Red Foil makes it shine! Just because you used glitter paper doesn’t mean you can’t add a little shine too. 🙂 I love my Real Red foil and it makes just the perfect bow… the bow and the hanging ribbon are dies that come with the wreath die.
- Don’t forget the finishing touches Once you’ve made a card and have all the big elements figured out, don’t forget the little touches that really put the finishing polish on your card. From sponging the edges of the card base (I used a sponge dauber and Old Olive ink) to using the Banner Triple punch to make two sizes of banner ends for my papers in the middle of the page, to popping some elements up on foam Stampin’ Dimensionals. Each little touch is what helps bring your project to life!
Need a last minute gift? What about a Stampin’ Up Gift Card?
Have a friend or loved one that loves crafting as much as you do? Let them have the fun of a shopping spree for the holidays! I can get you a gift certificate by email in as little as 24hrs from when you first contact me!
Use Hostess Code BEFX37ZS at check out to get a special thank you from me!
See all the tutorials & classes by mail here