The first card I ever posted on a blog! Using supplies from my new starter kit in 2008!
So, I had to take some time to sit and reminisce…..
- How I only went to my first “stamp camp” because my friend was starting something new and I wanted to support her, but I had no idea what a stamp camp even was!
- I started hosting card nights and my friend kept trying to tell me I should sign up. My response? “Oh, I couldn’t do it. I don’t know anyone who would want to shop and I’m not a salesperson.”
- Eventually convincing my mom to sign up instead of me because I knew she was great at teaching other sewing and craft classes and she was looking for a way to earn a bit of money. I told her I could be one of her customers!
- Seeing all the perks and discounts she was getting, I thought she was pretty lucky but by then I had moved to Oklahoma and literally only knew my husband’s co-workers and their spouse.
- I went ahead and hosted a card class with my mom as the long distance demonstrator and realized how fun it was running the event and not nearly as hard as I thought!
Fun + Discounts + Sneak Peeks and Early Access to new releases = I was totally sold!
Me, my son, Shelli Gardner, and my mom at the 2010 Stampin’ Up convention!
What started as a way for great discounts, has turned into so much more. I am so grateful for all the friends I’ve made over the last 10 years and the experiences I never would have been able to have if I hadn’t decided to take the plunge and become a demonstrator.
Here are some fun stats from my last 10 years.
Since I joined Stampin’ Up I’ve:
- Had 2 kids (they are currently 8 & 6)
- Lived in 4 states (Oklahoma, Oregon, California, and Washington)
- Gone to 12 Stampin’ Up Conventions/OnStages!
- Been a display stamper for OnStages 3 times
- Earned Founders Circle
- Earned 3 Stampin’ Up Incentive trips (San Diego, Mediterranean Cruise, Thailand!)
- And had times where I’ve stepped back and taken more time for my family, and other times where I really pushed extra hard in my business.
- Been blessed with more friendships and getting to meet amazing people than I could begin to count!
A few of our Fun n’ Crafty Stampers demonstrator team at the Stampin’ Up office in 2017
The pajama party crew at the Spring 2018 Northwest Crafty Escape Weekend
Its been an amazing journey and I can’t wait to see what the next 10 years bring – and I’d love to have you join me for them! 🙂
You can join our Fun n’ Crafty Stampers team anytime – but don’t forget that if you do it by July 31st, you’ll also get a free set of 10 FULL SIZE ink pads in the color family of your choice! Join now
10th Anniversary Gifts! Day 1 Giveaway
To celebrate my 10 years with Stampin’ Up, I’m going to be doing 10 days of giveaways! Its like a week and a half party.
Each day I’ll have a one-day only gift with purchase, PLUS a free giveaway of the day just by leaving a comment on the blog. You will have until 8/8/2018 to leave your comments – winners for all 10 days will be announced on 8/9/2018.
DAY 1 – Free gift with a $40+ order – Garden Trellis Embossing Folder
you must use host code 3XPZF4KW for orders under $150
Day 1 Giveaway – WIN a FREE set of Petal Pink Rhinestones!
Leave a comment on this blog post sharing one thing that has changed for you in the last 10 years to be entered to win! Winner drawn randomly on 8/9/2018.
note – must have a US mailing address for any gifts and giveaways.
Thanks so much for stopping by and celebrating with me!